The series will be made up of 6 races that are all uphill on roads, listed at the bottom of this post. It’s up to you to enter each race. Thanks to The Red Clover Rovers RC for helping out!
(Mount Washington will count, if you get in. In order to meet series requirements, you must enter the lottery as an individual. If you don’t get in email me your notice of not getting in and you will still be considered a “Mountain Goat” towards a lottery by-pass, if you complete the other races.)
· Great camaraderie with others of similar interests, not to mention the pleasure of running up beautiful mountains!
· Lottery by-pass to the Mount Washington Road Race. (Requirements below)
· Support for fellow runners that will represent the USA at the World Championship by helping defer THEIR own personal costs to compete!
· Support for the great work performed by the World Famous Mount Washington Observatory!
· Custom certificates for each runner that attains “Mountain Goat” status by completing all the races.
· If you qualify and would like a “Mountain Goat” t-shirt… I checked into this and for what I want there would be minimum 48 shirt’s. Cost using a shirt you would send me (that way you get one that fits), would be $500 - $600 dollars. I don’t mind bearing some of the cost but not all of it. If I’m able to make one up (?) I’ll post a picture. For now, let me know if you’d want one (or more). Thanks!
You must complete all six races. Up to 30 runners will be able to earn a lottery by-pass into the 2016 Northeast Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race. If fewer than 30 runners join the series, all will have a chance. If more, the first 30 to join will be eligible to receive a by-pass, after the first 30, additional members will be put on waiting list. To clarify, if one of the first 30 runners to sign-up doesn’t complete all the races, the next person qualifies for a lottery by-pass, etc. Placement of your entry into the series will be determined by the date and time your sign-up email is received by me. Send an email to email@example.com to let me know “the checks are in the mail” and you wish to join. A HUGE thank you to the Mount Washington Auto Road for their support!!!
· Streakers, listed below
· Points leaders, listed below
Men’s & Women’s overall winners will receive $75 for first place, $50 for second place, and $25 for third place, based on total points from your best 4 races (which is how everyone will be scored). Whoever wins the race gets 100 points; everyone else’s points will be calculated by dividing the winner’s time by your own. Example: winner’s time is 1 hour, yours is 2 hours. Your points would be 50.00
Requirements to join the series:
Send a tax-deductible check for $10 made out to America Trail Running Association (ATRA), PO Box 9454, Colorado Springs, CO 80932 http://www.trailrunner.com/
Please indicate “Northeast Uphill Mountain Series” on your check memo line
You MUST join before the second race, “Race to the Top of Vermont.” Put your checks in the mail and email me before Friday, August 22 @ midnight. Thanks, and look forward to seeing you at the races!
After you complete each race, email your time to firstname.lastname@example.org Times will be as listed in the official results, so if you disagree with your time you must straighten it out with the RD. I will calculate and keep track of points. (Fyi…I’m doing this on my own time, which I am volunteering, as I’ve wanted such a series since the late ‘70’s!)
1) Laurel Shortell 6 – has run EVERY race!
2) Fred Ross 5 – missed the 1st race
3) Donna Smyth 1
1) Laurel Shortell (6) 288.24
2) Fred Ross (5) 261.38
3) Donna Smyth (2) 129.69
Races for 2nd Northeast Uphill Mountain Series *** (2015 race info for Ascutney & Mt Washington will be be updated once it is available) ***
Hacker’s Hill Climb in Casco, ME on Saturday, August 9th 9am
North Face Race to the Top of Vermont in Stowe on Sunday, August 24th 9 am
Greylock Road Race in North Adams, MA on Monday, Sept 1
http://www.runwmac.com/info-greylockroad2013.pdf link to 2013 app but date is correct
Whiteface Uphill Footrace in Wilmington, NY on Saturday, Sept 13th 8am
Ascutney Mountain Run in Windsor, VT *** (this year was on Sunday, June 8th 9 am) ***
Northeast Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race, once again, will be the final race of the 2nd series *** (this year on Saturday, June 21st) ***