3rd Northeast Uphill Mountain Series 2015 - 2016
The series will be made up of 5 races that are all uphill on roads, listed at the bottom of this post. It’s up to you to enter each race.
(Mount Washington will count, if you get in. In order to meet series requirements, you must enter the lottery as an individual. If you don’t get in email me your notice of not getting in and you will still be considered a “Mountain Goat” towards a lottery by-pass, if you complete the other races.)
· Lottery by-pass to the Northeast Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race (Requirements below)
· Great camaraderie with others of similar interests, not to mention the pleasure of running up beautiful mountains!
· Support for fellow runners that will represent the USA at the World Championship by helping defer THEIR OWN personal costs to compete!
· Support for the great work performed by the World Famous Mount Washington Observatory!
· Custom certificates for each runner that attains “Mountain Goat” status by completing all the races.
· Men’s & Women’s overall winners will receive $75 for first place, $50 for second place, and $25 for third place, based on total points from your best 4 races (which is how everyone will be scored). Whoever wins the race gets 100 points; everyone else’s points will be calculated by dividing the winner’s time by your own. Example: winner’s time is 1 hour, yours is 2 hours. Your points would be 50.00 – thanks to my local running club, the Red Clover Rovers, for supporting this!
Requirements to join the series:
Send a tax-deductible check for $10 made out to America Trail Running Association (ATRA), PO Box 9454, Colorado Springs, CO 80932 http://trailrunner.com/
Please indicate “neuhms - team support” on your check memo line
Send a tax-deductible check for $15 made out to Mount Washington Observatory, PO Box 2310, North Conway, NH 03860 https://www.mountwashington.org/
Please indicate “Northeast Uphill Mountain Series” on your check memo line
You must complete all five races. Up to 30 runners will be able to earn a lottery by-pass into the 2017 Northeast Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race. If fewer than 30 runners join the series, all will have a chance. If more, the first 30 to join will be eligible to receive a by-pass, after the first 30, additional members will be put on waiting list. To clarify, if one of the first 30 runners to sign-up doesn’t complete all the races, the next person qualifies for a lottery by-pass, etc. Placement of your entry into the series will be determined by the date and time your sign-up email is received by me. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know “the checks are in the mail” and you wish to join. A HUGE thank you to the Mount Washington Auto Road for their support!!!
Visit their website at http://mtwashingtonautoroad.com/
After you complete each race, email your time to email@example.com Times will be as listed in the official results, so if you disagree with your time you must straighten it out with the RD. I will calculate and keep track of points. (Fyi…I’m doing this on my own time, which I am volunteering, as I’ve wanted such a series since the late ‘70’s!)
Races for 3rd Northeast Uphill Mountain Series
*** (2016 race info will be be updated once it is available) ***
ALERT!!! Just found out there is a chance the Whiteface Uphill Footrace may be cancel’d due to lack of runners! Last year there were 95 runners and about 50 volunteers! Hopefully this won’t happen! A determination will be made August 1st. If you’ve never run it, please enter and help pass the word, it’s a Great Race with a lot of wonderful folks helping to put it on…you’ll be glad you did J A substitute race will be added if it is cancel’d. Possibly Prospect Montain Road Race in Lake George or Wachusett in Mass???
North Face Race to the Top of Vermont in Stowe on Sunday, August 23th, 2015 9 am
Greylock Road Race in North Adams, MA on Sunday, Sept 6
Whiteface Uphill Footrace in Wilmington, NY on Saturday, Sept 19th 8am
Ascutney Mountain Run in Windsor, VT
*** (2015 was held on Sunday, June 14th 9 am) ***
Northeast Delta Dental Mount Washington Road Race, once again, will be the final race of the 3rd series
*** (2015 was held on Saturday, June 20th) ***